Research Scientist (Space Physics)
Predictive Science invites applications for an early career (0-5 years since Ph.D.) research scientist position in space plasma physics, with a focus on solar and/or heliospheric physics. Present and soon-to-be awarded projects at PSI include studies of coronal magnetic structure, origin & evolution of the solar wind, solar & interplanetary coronal mass ejections, and modeling/analysis applied to Heliophysics System Observatory missions, including Parker Solar Probe and Solar Orbiter.
Salary and an extensive benefits package are competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Ph.D. in solar/heliospheric physics, space physics, or a related field.
- Strong programming expertise and data analysis skills.
Candidates with one or more of the following
qualifications are preferred
- Experience in model and data comparisons.
- Experience in forward modeling and/or solar and heliospheric data analysis.
- Experience with the application of computational fluid or MHD algorithms.
- Support the activities of the solar physics group, including data analysis and model and tool development.
- Pursue team and individual research in key areas of solar and heliospheric physics.
- Present research activities at conferences and in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV, statement of research interests, and the names of three references. Send applications and/or inquiries to Meaghan Marsh at email@example.com.
Given the current situation with COVID-19, we anticipate that the successful candidate may need to work remotely, at least in the near term; however, the candidate must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
Predictive Science Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.