Research Scientist (Space Physics)
Predictive Science invites applications for a research position in solar and space plasma physics. While we anticipate hiring a recently-graduated or early-career scientist, more senior scientists may be considered. A review of applications will begin September 1, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Ph.D. in solar/heliospheric physics, space physics, or a related field.
- Expertise in numerical modeling and/or data analysis.
- Experience working with particle, fluid and/or MHD algorithms.
- Experience in massively parallel computations is desirable but not required.
- Help support the current activities of the solar physics group, including model and tool development.
- Perform research in key areas of solar and heliospheric physics, such as solar eruptions, coronal and heliospheric structure, and heating/acceleration processes.
- Present research at conferences and in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
All applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and three references. Send applications and/or inquiries to Meaghan Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.